Not sure where to begin? Here’s some top tips to get the ball rolling (pun intended)…
- In it to win it – do not compare your club to others or be put off applying thinking your efforts are not up to a ‘set’ standard. Rewards are available across a range of criteria and you have as much chance as anyone. Apply today!
- Imagine you’re the judge – would your application impress you? Think about this when completing your entry.
- The best things come in small packages – often the smallest projects carried out to a high standard and for the right reasons achieve the most.
- Choose wisely – take time to learn about the range of award categories and tailor your application to the one you feel the club will fair most strongly.
- Dedication and enthusiasm to succeed is favoured over financial inputs – be sure not to undervalue your club’s achievements.
- Keep your application short and sweet – remember, the judges have a lot of applications to get through. Keep your points punchy and relevant.
- Pictures are encouraged – Before and after photography is an effective way of highlighting course changes.
- Think ahead – highlight the long term vision of the club to add value to the works already undertaken.
- Facts and figures – numbers always impress. If you can supply data to back up your claims this will go a long way with the judges.
- Teamwork – don’t leave your entry to one person. Often a fresh pair of eyes can add valuable input.
- Need help? Don’t be afraid to ask – If you are unsure of anything, feel free to call one of the STRI Environment and Ecology team for assistance.
- Don’t worry about the small stuff – your application won’t be marked on spelling, grammar or punctuation.
We look forward to hearing from you – Good luck to all!