Golf courses around the world are seeing tangible results from introducing environmentally sustainable management projects across their golf courses. These projects are achieving an increase in habitat varieties, improving playing experiences for golfers and providing a positive contribution to wildlife!
With the ever-increasing spotlight on environmental matters, it is fundamentally important for golf courses worldwide to assess what they can do to achieve environmental sustainability protect while continuing to maximise the enjoyment of golf.
The aim of the Golf Environment Awards is to recognise, reward and promote outstanding individuals and golf courses, no matter how big or small, for the time and effort they have put into protecting and preserving their unique surroundings.
Both shortlisted and winning golf clubs will achieve tangible benefits from entering the awards and there are various different ways to promote your golf club in association with the awards by:
- Having the winners logo and Shortlisted logo placed on your website, letterhead and other promotional material
- Brand exposure from independent world leading organisations including STRI
- Extensive national coverage in the media
- Cross promotion via social media including the Golf Environment Awards website, promotional materials and e-shots
- Having the opportunity to directly liaise and network with other golf clubs across the UK
- Winners plaque to display in the clubhouse
The awards are run annually and the three winning golf courses/individuals are rewarded with a trip of a lifetime to see some of Europe’s most environmentally proactive golf facilities.
For more information on this and other prizes awarded, please see the Prizes page!
There are three categories you can consider for your entry:
1. Environmental Golf Course of the Year
Rewarded to those golf clubs that brilliantly demonstrate efficient management across each of the following areas:
- Nature Conservation Management
- Turfgrass Management
- Waste Management
- Water Management
2. Conservation Greenkeeper Award
Rewarded to outstanding individuals who make significant contributions to the success of the clubs environmental and ecological management and hence make a fundamental positive impact on the surrounding landscape and biodiversity.
3. Outstanding Environmental Project of the Year
Rewarded to golf clubs who have implemented a successful environmental project, with clear objectives and targets on it’s contribute to a better environment and are making sound progress in fulfilling the goals of the scheme.
All eco-friendly golf clubs are encouraged to enter the Golf Environment Awards with the winners being chosen solely for their dedication and enthusiasm to succeed, and not exclusively on the scale of the project, their financial investment, nor the size of the golf club.
With the awards becoming a major event in the golfing calendar, this is an exciting time to take the leap and play an active role in the future of sustainable, environmentally responsible golf – get involved today!