Entry is easy, completely free and open to all golf clubs.
To enter simply visit “GEA 2023 Entry Forms” and follow the instructions.
Not sure where to begin? Here’s some top tips to get the ball rolling (pun intended)…
- In it to win it – do not compare your club to others or be put off applying thinking your efforts are not up to a ‘set’ standard. Rewards are available across a range of criteria and you have as much chance as anyone.
- Imagine you’re the judge – would your application impress you? Think about this when completing your entry.
- The best things come in small packages – often the smallest projects carried out to a high standard and for the right reasons achieve the most.
- Choose wisely – take time to learn about the range of award categories and tailor your application to the one you feel the club will fair most strongly.
- Dedication and enthusiasm to succeed is favoured over financial inputs – be sure not to undervalue your club’s achievements.
- Pictures are compulsory – Before and after photography is an effective way of highlighting course changes. We request at least 10 high quality photos from each club. These can either be sent straight to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to us via WeTransfer.com.
- Think ahead – highlight the long term vision of the club to add value to the work already undertaken.
- Facts and figures – numbers always impress. If you can supply data to back up your claims this will go a long way with the judges.
- Teamwork – don’t leave your entry to one person. Often a fresh pair of eyes can add valuable input.
- Need help? Don’t be afraid to ask – If you are unsure of anything, feel free to call one of our team for assistance on the number below.
- Don’t worry about the small stuff – your application won’t be marked on spelling, grammar or punctuation.
Applications can be filled in electronically or the GEA Entry Form can be printed and sent directly to:
Golf Environment Awards, STRI, St Ives Estate, Bingley, BD16 1AU.
Alternatively hard copies of application forms can be sent out to you on request by calling the Planning and Development Team on 01274 565131.
Please contact the Planning and Development Team on 01274 565131 or email email@example.com if you have any queries on the awards and/or how to enter.
We look forward to hearing from you – Good luck to all!